Under the sea, Step it up (SLJ)

Task Description: For this SLJ activity (Summer learning Journey Activity) we had to make a machine for under water Robot Machine.

I tried to make a replica of this mini submarine so kids could go down to see all the amazing things that the ocean has instore for you.

3 thoughts on “Under the sea, Step it up (SLJ)

1. Kia ora Daniel,

You have certainly taken an interesting approach to this task. I love it. Imagine how awesome it would be to go under the ocean to the very depths to see what the sea has in store for you. You would see some amazingly cool creatures, so up close and personal. What animal would you want to see the most? I think I would like to follow whales, blue whales or orcas (Killer Whale’s). Although did you know orcas are actually dolphins.

How does your submarine creation benefit the ocean? Is it for scientific inquiry? Can you explain how your submarine works?

I have been learning lots of cool facts about the ocean reading peoples blogs. I’ve learnt that starfish don’t have brains or blood, I learnt that male seahorses are the one’s that carry the baby, not the mothers and I’ve learnt that 71% of our earth’s surface is water. How crazy is that? Do you have any fun or interesting facts you could teach me?

Anna
    SLJ

2. Kia Ora Kieran,
    I am Whaea Tanya one of the Manaiakalani Facilitators you might see commenting on the SLJ Blogs, I am finding it fun to see the different ways the tasks are completed.

This looks like a really interesting activity. I like the way you used what you know works. It would be important to have a window to see all around so you know what is sneaking up behind.
    I recently what Journey to the Center of the Earth with the Nautilus in, and boy had to keep moving to see what was coming. do you think your machine would be robust enough or is that the next phase?

Kia pai tō rā, and keep blogging
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako Hiko Facilitator